Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Before The Last Gasp

BEFORE THE LAST GASP

It is not that the sea was calm,
It occasionally did rock my boat,
But suddenly I find myself,
On a tumultous sea, in this raging storm.
I feel like a  'cast away',
Of this maniacal world.


Man-eating  hungry sharks feed
In these turbulent waters,
I can see the blood of the innocents
Dripping from their voracious jaws,
Alone, and puzzled and rudderless,
I stare blankly into the dark
And vicious waves, sreaming under
The lashes of lightnings .

For me,The land of truth,
Was supposed to lie just to the fore.
But all I dimly see there,
A rocky coast,rising defiantly,
Mocking and challenging me,
Intent on splintering
The already weakened  spirit,
Of my drifting ship,
Whose sails of rosy dreams
Are now tattered,
And droop from a broken mast.

Yet, I try to raise my fist,
And shout at the threatening sky,
Although with a cracked throat,
"No! I haven't yet given up,
 I refuse to go down as a wreck,
And intend to land that yonder shore,
And before the last gasp,
I will surely have a victor's laugh.
-Poet Desh

No comments:

Post a Comment